Memorial Day weekend

Thursday, May 30, 2013

We had such big plans for Memorial Day weekend! ... and none of them happened.

Friday : We were going to go to Disneyland on Friday because Seth and I were both off. BUT then we found out that Friday was the day that Disneyland was going to be open for 24 hours... from 6am to 6am. They do this every so often and people go crazy over it so we decided we would skip it. I thought mayyyyyyyybe we could go around 8am for a couple hours and then leave but a friend who works there said they might be at capacity at 8am. No thanks. So we got Mason's hair cut, went to the mall, ran some errands and just hung out.
Saturday : I had work so we didn't really have any plans, which was fine. BUT then I decided to go and hurt myself at work in the stupidest way possible (I can't even explain it), which resulted in this :

I basically sprained my wrist and had to get a brace. It is much, much, much better now, but it involved a trip to urgent care. An urgent care that was pretty nice since there was no wait (hey, you gotta take the positives wherever they come). Now I just wear the brace to bed and occasionally if I feel I need it.
Sunday : Seth was going to help our friends Matt and Lorraine move into their new apartment and I was going to go hang out with Vickie and Lauren, Seth, and Logan but instead Sunday involved a trip to urgent care for Mason (more on that later).
Monday : I had big plans to have all our friends over and have a BBQ at our new place, but instead we did nothing and let Mason rest. I was all excited and was trying to be festive with some decorations and the food, but it will just have to wait until the 4th of July! Mason is more important.

So needless to say, our weekend did not go as planned. But hey, that's life with a baby!

Anyway, back to why all our plans got cancelled... Mason has been sick since last week Monday... that's over a week! It started last week Monday where we would feed him a bottle and he would go to burp and he would throw up what seemed like his whole bottle but was actually probably an ounce or two. I chalked it up to him swallowing some bath water and getting soap in his mouth and it made him throw up or maybe he got too much air. Didn't think twice about it. We sent him to daycare, didn't hear anything was wrong or weird, and then he came home and ate and then threw up again. Hmm... Same thing Tuesday. Same thing Wednesday. Now I'm started to get worried. Same thing Thursday and Friday. Friday he started having some diarrhea also (sorry so graphic...). Friday night Seth went out with his friends and I start googling like a mad woman (note : NEVER. EVER. EVER do this. I knew I shouldn't but I needed answers). I started freaking out and worrying more than I was before. I asked friends for advice. I didn't care what they said, I was still worried. Saturday same problem...both problems. Sunday I decide we are going to urgent care. We go to urgent care and I believe these were the words of the doctor "hmm... I don't know." Greeeeeeat. I just paid a fortune to come here for you to tell me that you don't know. Awesome. However, he did think he just had a stomach virus and prescribed Zofran to help settle his stomach (which by the way is RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Thank God for insurance.) The Zofran helped immensely and Mason was FINALLY able to keep some food down. The poor kid was STARVING and chowed down a whole bottle super fast. I felt so bad for him. Now that he was finally eating, I was so, so happy but his diarrhea was still super bad. And Monday too. And Tuesday. I started to freak out again because I didn't think he should have diarrhea for so long either. Seth took Mason to his pediatrician on Tuesday and he thought he just had a stomach bug too. Weird thing was the whole time he was not running a fever. Which I think is what threw off the urgent care doctor.
That being said, Mason is all better now!!!! He was starting to feel a lot better yesterday and Seth took him for a little walk during the day.

And then we celebrated when I got home by taking a little walk to the park after dinner.

I am so, so, so happy that Mason is feeling better. Though he was happy when he was sick, he is now his super happy, giggly self again. He went back to daycare today and was so happy to see Luz and Carmen and his friends again.

Also, we officially have a CRAWLER!!! (and a stander apparently!) And a little trouble maker.
More on that later too!