This appetizer is seriously so easy and perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas... or really anytime you're hosting guests! My mother in law first introduced me to this and I quickly fell in love. This combination is my personal favorite but you could always switch out the cranberries for cherries or raisins and the macadamia nuts for pecan or walnuts!
- dried cranberries (I used craisins)
- brie cheese
- macadamia nuts
There are no exact measurements in this recipe which I feel like makes it easier. You are totally free to customize how much you like!
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Unwrap the brie cheese and put it on a piece of tin foil.
3. Pour desired amount of caramel over the top of the brie cheese.
4. Put desired amount of craisins and macadamia nuts on top.
5. Close the tin foil so the cheese is completely covered.
6. Put on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 15-25 minutes or until cheese reaches desired level of gooey-ness.
7. Pair with your favorite crackers and enjoy!
In this case, I chose include the brie as part of a cheese platter.
The brie is definitely the star of the cheese platter, but this way it gives guests options in case brie is not their favorite. Add some salami, different types of bread/crackers, and some fruit and you have the perfect appetizer to hold your guests over until dinner time!
Week 1 Hostesses:
All you need to do is :
- Link up your favorite holiday appetizer or side dish by putting your URL and name of your blog post into the InLinkz widget below.
- Then visit 3-5 other blogs in the Holiday Blog Hop and leave a comment on their posts.
- Share this Holiday Blog Hop with your friends and readers on social media using the #SavvySassyHoliday hashtag.
- And then... week 2 next week is sweet treats! Don't forget to check out Savvy Sassy Moms next Sunday and check out all the drool worthy sweet treats that are posted! With my sweet tooth, you know I'll be checking it out!